Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you know when a stock is having an increase in users shorting it?

I keep hearing that AAPL is being shorted. What is the statistic to see how heavily the stock is being shorted?





Also, how can you view the range.. Meaning, how can I see that a stock is being heavily shorted from Dec to January?


Is a graph available showing how the stock is being shorted higher as the days go on?|||Short interest is published on a monthly basis. I use shortsqueeze to find out the number of shorts on a stock. The put/call ratio has nothing to do with individual stocks. That just has to do with sentiment and options. Shorting is what hedge funds do to make money on a falling stock. I do not think there are any graphs available.|||The guy I read, Fred Goodman, shows a put/call ratio chart. He normally shows it for an index rather than any individual stocks. But that ratio will give you an idea of how it's being shorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment